I made these for the first time a week ago. When I told my roommate what I wanted to make she balked. She’s an adventurous eater, but this was just TOO weird. The fact that I made them again today proves that they’re actually REALLY GOOD.
Mayonnaise Brownies. Yes, that’s right. Chocolate goodness made with mayo. After they come out of the oven you can’t even tell. No smell, to taste.
These are really simple and only take about 40 minutes from start to finish. I can see this as a staple for my potluck contributions. I just won’t tell people what’s in them until after they’ve tasted it.
3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 cup chocolate chips (melted)
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
1 cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1. Stir together flour and baking soda in a medium bowl.
2. Microwave chocolate chips for 20 second intervals, stirring between each interval, until chocolate chips are melted.
3. Stir mayonnaise into melted chocolate.
4. Add eggs, sugar, chocolate, and vanilla to the flour mixture. Mix until just combined.
5. Bake in a preheated 350F oven for 20 minutes.
Makes 12 cupcakes or an 8×8″ pan of brownies.